Saturday, August 9, 2008

the answer

In the fake gypsy tentthe old woman says: Ask.
Concentrate on your question while I
shuffle the cardsrub the crystal ballstir the tea leaves.
One time I would have killed a pigeon
and read the entrails—health regulations, you know.
But I don't want to be given answers,I want to find them.
I want to walk a thousand miles to find a spring in the desert.
I want to dive into the maelstrom to bring up a pearl.
I want to climb into the osprey's nest atop the tower
that hums with secret cell-phone messages
to find the magic ring in the belly of the Salmon of Wisdom
who was captured while climbing the fish ladder
at Bonneville Damto escape hungry sea lions.
I want to search the heart of a live volcano
for a single giant crystalof dark-
olive as hard as a diamond and cradled in strands of gold glass.
I won't ask you for an answer.
Just point me a directionand I'll go.

1 comment:

the pheonix rises said...

wow!!
on second thoughts...damnu damnu damnu :X
:D